Divorce Attorney in Houston, Texas
Divorce is generally considered to be one of the more costly lawsuits you can participate in, both financially and emotionally. Important decisions must be made throughout the course of your case concerning custody and visitation, child support, spousal support, medical support, visitation and property division. These often emotional decisions are not always easily resolved and the financial burden can begin to add up. By following a few simple rules you can help your attorney become better prepared for your case and also perhaps alleviate some of your financial burden.
(1) Have clear goals;
(2) Do not micromanage your case or your lawyer;
(3) Stay focused on the facts, not the feelings;
(4) Have realistic expectations.
Have clear goals:
Do not micromanage your case or your lawyer:
Stay focused on the facts, not your feelings:
Have realistic expectations:
1) Draining your bank accounts (IRA, 401k), hiding assets or disposing of property;
2) Hiding your child(ren) from your spouse;
3) Becoming physically violent or verbally abusive toward your spouse;
4) Involving yourself in a new relationship before finalizing your divorce.
Be sure to let your attorney know about situations where violence, kidnapping, drug abuse or generally “bad” behavior has occurred or is likely to occur. Dangerous situations can be avoided by proper planning and understanding of your unique situation.
Contact a qualified Houston Divorce Lawyer here at The Rudisel Law Firm, P.C. for a free consultation to discuss ways to save money when litigating a Texas family law case.
Visit “Tips for Court” for information on making your appearance in a family law court for the first time.
Contact Today for Your Free Case Evaluation. 713-781-7775
For a qualified Houston Divorce Lawyer, call The Rudisel Law Firm, P.C. We have the knowledge, trial experience and professional staff necessary to protect you, your family and your property.